Promoting Your Pet's Healing Through Loving Hands
Therapeutic massage is a hands-on manipulation of targeted muscle areas. It is believed to enhance every system of the body: immune, circulatory, endocrine, respiratory, nervous, digestive, and lymphatic. When used as part of an individualized therapy program, massage may be used to warm-up the muscles prior to exercise, to relax or stimulate muscles to prevent injury, or be part of rehabilitation therapy for post-op patients.
Suitable for treating both acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions, massage is effective for increasing circulation, reducing muscle spasms, relieving tension, enhancing muscle tone, promoting healing, and increasing range of motion.
Benefits of therapeutic massage
- Helps muscles to work in the way they are designed
- Reduces the recovery time from soft tissue injuries
- Provides relief from muscle soreness and spasms
- Relieves pain and discomfort associated with conditions such as arthritis and hip dysplasia
- Improves oxygen delivery to tissues, which helps reduce development of scar tissue
Contact Pawsitive Steps Rehabilitation & Therapy for Pets to learn more about veterinary therapeutic massage or to schedule an appointment for your pet.